Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What is a species, hmmmm?


In general this is a place where I can vent my frustrations, share the daily joys of being a graduate student and rejoice in my successes.  Enjoy and feel free to make comments of your own here. Thanks for reading!









So this is the "age old question" that continues to haunt me daily.  Aside from the somewhat rhetorical question, my problems are confounded by a lack of details in species descriptions, poorly slide mounted holotype genitalia, species described based on a single specimen (and even worse when it is a single female specimen), etc. etc.  My goal today is to now worry about this question, or the other associated difficulties and work on drawing the genitalia for the species I am considering to be "real". 

No comments:

Post a Comment